These courses, varying in length from 3 weeks to 8 weeks, are for anyone upper high school age or above who would like to continue their education by studying issues of history, theology, literature, and philosophy in an online reading-discussion format.
Our current offerings are listed below. Due to the inherent difficulties of scheduling, we have made all of the offerings below are available on a “per interest” basis. That is, contact us if you are interested in any of the options, and we will work with you to arrange suitable beginning dates, duration, and discussion times.
At present, all options below are free of charge except for those few which indicate you will need to purchase certain reading materials (see individual seminar pages for that information).
- Aeschylus, The Oresteia
- Sophocles, The Oedipus Trilogy
- Herodotus, The War for Greek Freedom
- Thucydides, On Justice and Power
- Cicero, Selections from His Writings
- Paul and Popular Pagan Philosophy
- Late Antique Christianity
- Cyprian of Carthage
- The Reformation of the 11th Century
- The Renaissance of the 12th Century
- “Faith Seeking Understanding” – Selections from Anselm of Canterbury
- Vicars of Christ, Lords of the World: the Papacy from the 12th-16th Centuries